Administrative Assistant: Counter Wildlife Trafficking
Open Position: Administrative Assistant
No. of position : 1
Project Name: Counter Wildlife Trafficking
Location: Guwahati, Assam
Reports to: Deputy Project Manager
Work experience: 1-3 years
Duration: One year
About us: The Wildlife Conservation Society-India works to conserve wildlife, backed by science. We work in partnership with governmental and non-governmental organizations to deal with conservation challenges such as human-wildlife interaction, voluntary relocation of people from protected forest areas, combating wildlife trafficking, conservation of endangered species and so on. Committed to wildlife conservation and the ecological world view that recognizes the inextricable link between human welfare and protection of wildlife and wild spaces, WCS-India endeavours to inspire positive attitudes in people towards wildlife
About project: WCS-India has initiated a project called Counter Wildlife Trafficking (CWT), which seeks to build capacity amongst law enforcement agencies and the judiciary to combat wildlife trafficking in India. The project aims to improve India’s detection and enforcement agencies’ capacity to investigate, arrest, prosecute, convict and sentence criminal organizations that perpetrate wildlife trafficking. To this end, WCS-India will conduct capacity building workshops for various stakeholders involved in investigation, enforcement and prosecution including the Forest Department, Police, Customs officials, Directorate of Enforcement, public prosecutors, judiciary etc.
Required Qualification, skills & abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration or social sciences.
- Prior experience of office administration.
- Knowledge of local language and area specifically surrounding field sites .
- Ability to communicate and report effectively.
- A Valid two wheeler driving license.
- Responsible for supporting team leaders in day to day operations/tasks.
- Assist team leaders in establishing and maintaining regular contacts with the local community groups (or local vendors)
- Manage, organize and maintain accounts of project activities for the CWT team
- Manage daily office administration, procure office supplies and leave record of CWT team .
- Make travel/stay arrangements for WCS-India staff, as required during official visits.
- Responsible for providing logistics support in organizing capacity building workshops and training.
- Any other task/work as assigned by the manager.
Compensation: Offered as per the qualification and experience.
Interested candidates are invited to apply through email with a subject line ‘Administrative Assistant-Guwahati- CWT’, and send us on email@example.com and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for application is August 30, 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 28th, 2020 at 2:06 PM
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.