Data Analyst: Monitoring & Evaluation
The Wildlife Conservation Society-India works to conserve wildlife, backed by science. We work in partnership with governmental and non-governmental organisations to deal with conservation challenges such as human-wildlife interaction, voluntary relocation of people from protected forest areas, combatting wildlife trafficking, conservation of endangered species and tourism in protected areas and so on. Committed to wildlife conservation and the ecological world view that recognises the inextricable link between human welfare and protection of wildlife and wild spaces, WCS-India endeavours to inspire positive attitudes in people towards wildlife.
The Data Analyst (Monitoring and Evaluation) will be responsible for designing, implementing and coordinating the project’s M&E system. S/he will work with the existing team to lead performance monitoring indicators and implement databases for M&E data collection. S/he will train staff M&E system operations and collate databases collected from trainees to update the system and perform analyses.
- Lead on designing, developing and implementing M&E systems, including development of M&E plans, frameworks, processes and data collection tools (including baseline) for the programme.
- Design M&E plans and systems, identify key performance parameters for new projects and ensure their effective use by the staff, as necessary.
- Design and maintain a database system that improves Counter Wildlife Trafficking Programme’s ability to inform program implementation, analyze data, identify trends and present impact to key stakeholders;
- Ensure all relevant programme staff are able to utilise the database to analyze program information and results. Develop the necessary tools for the field team to feed in data in the database in a way that minimize entry errors;
- Review data being collected in order to locate and fix problems with data entry or integrity: Document database contents, protocols and update manuals for smooth functioning of the data management system; Manage regular synchronizations with field level data;
- Provide analytical expertise with regards to identifying and confirming patterns and trends in data, understanding the economics of supporting different types of business, likely cost to us per unit of result, etc;
- Prepare regular reports of the M&E activities.
- Assist M&E Team in preparing project status reports including but not limited to weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports when needed.
- Update the M&E database, and other automated information management system from time to time.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a research based/focus discipline of natural/social sciences.
- Up to two years of experience of working on monitoring and evaluation and data analysis based or similar assignments.
- Strong knowledge of data quality assurance, analysis and reporting.
- Understanding of statistical software and data management required.
- Advanced MS Excel skills required with the ability to create Excel based tools using formulas, pivot tables, create graphs etc.
- Excellent communication and writing ability.
- Demonstrated successful interpersonal skills.
Reports to: Program Manager- Counter Wildlife Trafficking
Location: Bangalore, India
Country Program/Sector: India
Position Type: Full-Time
Internal liaison: Program Manager, Deputy Project Manager
Expected travel: Nil.
This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 28th, 2020 at 3:24 PM
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.