Helpline Manager – Counter Wildlife Trafficking
WCS- India is looking for a Helpline Manager for regular outreach with the officers trained during Counter Wildlife Trafficking workshops and assisting the Training Coordinator with analyzing cases booked by the officers.
1) Answer regular calls by officers from across different states to seek assistance regarding wildlife crime cases, legal procedures or species identification and seizure help
2) Coordinate with the team of pro-bono lawyers and the legal team of WCS-India to assist officers in booking cases in Court
3) Act as a bridge between WCS team and workshop-trained officers through regular outreach posts to help them on field
4) May also involve designing innovative material like quizzes and visuals to test officers on their knowledge improvement, depending on the candidate’s skills
5) Assist the Training Coordinator in analyzing cases for the database
A Masters in Education/ Mass Comm/Literature/Social Sciences/Environmental Sciences with one year of work experience. Candidates must demonstrate passion about countering wildlife trafficking in the Northeastern region of India.
Excellent communication skills are a must, candidates should be able to communicate effectively with officers; preferably in English, Hindi, Assamese/ Bengali/ any other local language. Good knowledge of quantitative research/ analysis (Microsoft Excel) is a prerequisite.
Candidates having basic knowledge of environmental law or at least Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972 will be given preference.
Location: Guwahati office, Panjabari
Kindly send your CV along with a Letter of Intent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read “Application: CWT Helpline Manager”.
This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 5th, 2019 at 10:50 AM
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.