Project Associate (Ecologist) – Great Indian Bustard Conservation Program
WCS – India invites applications for 1 position of Project Associate (Ecologist) from highly motivated individuals with at least 3 years of experience in implementing conservation and ecological research activities, to aid in different components of its Great Indian Bustard (GIB) Conservation Program.
Description of the role
The Project Associate (Ecologist), GIB Conservation Program will provide technical and strategic inputs and implement relevant activities under the program. The person will report to both – the Country Director and the Head of the GIB Conservation Program.
The key roles will involve assuming responsibility for activity planning and implementation, partnering with relevant stakeholders, collection and analyses of project-specific data, coordination and communication with different institutions and agencies, and aiding in the proper dissemination and outreach of impacts. In addition, the Project Associate will work with existing and potential donors to secure the sustenance of the program. A strong belief and interest in community-led conservation through effective ecological research and monitoring are sacrosanct for this role.
Qualifications & Skills
Applicants must have a post-graduate degree, preferably a Master’s Degree in Wildlife Sciences, Ecology or allied disciplines, with interdisciplinary experience in conducting biological and social research. Prior research experience in grassland ecosystems will be preferred.
- Assisting in the strategic growth and development of the GIB Conservation Program.
- Developing and sustaining alliances with relevant organizations and institutions, and state and central government agencies to realize project objectives.
- Liaising with State Forest and other government departments, and the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change, to facilitate collaborative efforts, statutory clearances and compliances.
- Conducting research relevant to the project that will inform and aid in effective implementation of the various conservation interventions.
- Collection and analysis of data for research components and providing inputs on these aspects on an ongoing basis; developing management protocols for conservation of GIBs and grassland habitats in Thar landscape.
- Aiding in the creation, planning and funding of new and on-going projects
- Contributing to the development and preparation of reports and manuscripts for WCS-India’s internal publications as well as peer-reviewed journals.
- Aiding in the development and delivery of presentations to the academic communities, government agencies and existing or potential private sector donors as required.
Interested applicants may send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Application: Project Associate (Ecologist) – Great Indian Bustard Conservation Program, October 2019”, stating interest in brief. Last date for sending the application is 12th November, 2019. The position is open with immediate effect. Remuneration will be decided based on qualification and experience.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 30th, 2019 at 11:13 AM
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.