WCS-India Job Opening: Eco-tourism Carrying Capacity Study
WCS-India is hiring a Research Assistant for the Eco-tourism Carrying Capacity study in Chilika, Odisha. We are looking for a candidate with a minimum of a Master’s degree in related field and with relevant experience in eco-tourism studies and /or wetland ecosystem.
- Master’s/Ph.D degree in related field
- Inter-personal skills, and the ability to work well with a team
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Prior field experience with ecotourism, or wetland ecosystems, or similar field
- Ability to independently conduct field projects
- Working knowledge of GIS and basic survey techniques
- Conduct eco-tourism carrying capacity study in a part of Chilika Lake in Odisha and other ecotourism sites
- Planning and coordination of field surveys
- Mammal, bird or flora identification
- Conduct capacity building workshop for multiple stakeholders
- Analysis of the information
- Report writing on completion of the study
Preference will be given to motivated candidates who are willing to commit for long-term and can independently work on the project. Remuneration will be in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Eligible candidates please may respond with an email to <firstname.lastname@example.org> with the subject line “Application: Eco-tourism project, January 2019” with a brief note (100 words) stating your interest in the project and relevant experience, along with your most recent resume.
This entry was posted on Monday, February 4th, 2019 at 11:31 AM
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.