WCS-India Internship: NTFP project
Wildlife Conservation Society-India is hiring interns under a project examining non-timber forest produce (NTFP) collection in the Western Ghats. The project involves interacting and conducting social surveys with local communities in multiple regions in Karnataka.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in related field
- Experience in conducting social surveys
- Ability to write and speak in Kannada
- Plant identification skills are desirable
- Inter-personal skills, and the ability to work well with a team
- Working knowledge of GIS software is desirable
- Valid two-wheeler driving license is desirable
- Prior field experience with wildlife research or conservation is desirable
- Can commit up to a period of 8 months
- Carry out social surveys
- Plan and coordinate field work
- Assist in gathering and compilation of field data
The position is open with immediate effect. Remuneration will be decided based on candidate qualification and experience. Basic food and accommodation will be provided during field visits.
To apply, please send an email to <firstname.lastname@example.org> with the subject line “Application: Intern – NTFP project”, stating interest in brief (100 words), along with your most recent resume.
This entry was posted on Thursday, January 24th, 2019 at 3:02 PM
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.