WCS-India Internship: Elephant Project
Wildlife Conservation Society-India is hiring interns under a project on Elephant reserves and corridors in Arunachal Pradesh. The project involves extensive traveling in Arunachal Pradesh and gathering information from the Forest Department and other sources.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in related field
- Inter-personal skills, and the ability to work well with a team
- Good communication skills in Hindi and English
- Can commit up to a period of 3 months
- Valid four-wheeler license and ability to drive in rough terrain of Arunachal is desirable
- Prior field experience with wildlife research or conservation is desirable
- Ability to work independently
- Coordinate meetings with Forest Department officials in different parts of Arunachal Pradesh
- Visit places in the state to gather relevant information on Elephants corridors
- Conduct field surveys if required
- Assist in compiling of information
Interested candidates can apply to <email@example.com>with the subject line “Application: Intern – Elephant project, January 2019”, stating interest in brief (100 words), along with your most recent resume. The position is open with immediate effect. Remuneration will be decided based on qualification and experience. Basic food and accommodation during field visits will be covered under the project.
This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 22nd, 2019 at 4:27 PM
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.