Opening for Academic Coordinator: MSc Wildlife Biology and Conservation
Centre for Wildlife Studies wishes to recruit an Academic Coordinator to assist in running the Masters program in Wildlife Biology and Conservation, jointly offered by National Centre for Biological Sciences, Centre for Wildlife Studies and Wildlife Conservation Society (https://www.ncbs.res.in/mscprogram/). The program is offered every even year to 15 Indian and up to two foreign students. The faculty is drawn from different institutions in India and abroad. Extended study tours to wilderness areas and institutions are also a major part of the program.
Against this background, the specific responsibilities of the Academic Coordinator include:
- Assistance in all matters related to admission of the program such as advertisement, screening applications, entrance test and interviews;
- Developing and implementing course schedules, holding examinations, maintenance of moodle and web sites, and student records;
- Making travel arrangements for faculty and study tours, including liaison with government departments and institutions;
- Maintenance of a guest house for the program;
- Handling all purchases and accounts related to faculty payments, students projects and other expenses incurred by the program.
- Compilation and editing of reports to funding agencies and government departments;
- Organizing meetings of the Steering and Academic Committees of the program;
- Assistance in holding occasional training workshops by the MSc program;
- Any other official tasks assigned by Director and Associate Director of the program.
We seek a person with a Bachelors/Masters degree from an accredited institution in India or abroad. Critical skills that we are looking for include good organizational abilities, good people skills, good communication skills (there is a lot of written communication with diverse people ranging from faculty, students, administrative staff in NCBS and CWS and forest departments) and the ability to multi-task. A keen interest in forests, wildlife and conservation is also desirable.
Interested applicants are requested to contact the program office at <firstname.lastname@example.org> with a cover letter and a CV describing their qualifications and relevant experience. Please use the email subject line “APPLICATION FOR MSC PROGRAM COORDINATOR”.
Applications will be considered with immediate effect, until a suitable candidate is found.
This entry was posted on Friday, June 24th, 2016 at 12:41 PM
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.